Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Vitara Brezza the compact SUV from country’s leading car manufacturing company contributed a huge role in retaining the top position of the company successively during 2015 and 2016. Not only this, the first ever compact SUV Vitara Brezza has been honored as the Indian Car of the Year 2017. This year, Maruti Suzuki has began its journey with its highly awaited premium hatchback Ignis.
The Maruti Ignis launched in India on January 13, 2017 at INR 4.59 Lac ex-showroom and interestingly the vehicle received an encouraging response from the audiences present during the launching event. According to recent reports, Ignis has received more than 10,000 bookings in just the short period of a week after its launch and in coming days the number is speculated to extend more. It would not be wrong to say that the buzz which Ignis created among the car enthusiasts during its showcase at Indian Auto Expo 2016 was not an illusion or fictitious, but it has certainly something hidden under it’s beneath that has efficiency to fascinate the car lovers.
So, going through the craze of car enthusiasts towards Ignis, here we have listed the specifications, features, price and reviews of the Maruti Ignis:
1. Power and Performance: Maruti Suzuki Ignis is offered with two engine options of 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engine. The former is capable of generating the power of 81 bhp and torque of 113Nm while the later engine configuration is capable of producing the power of 73 bhp and torque of 190Nm. The transmission duty is handled by 5-speed manual gearbox followed by AMT system offered in the top two variants. The petrol variant is said to deliver an average of 20.89 kmpl while the diesel is reported to deliver an average of 26. 8 kmpl.
2. Dimensions and Exteriors: Although the market for crossover’s in recent years is just in its flourishing stage, but still as compared to others Ignis is considered as the tall boy as compared to its contenders. It has the length of 3700 mm, height of 1660 mm, width of 1595 mm and wheelbase of 2435mm with ground clearance of 180mm.
Talking about the features, it would not be wrong to say that they will mesmerize you at the first instance. This is mainly because of its resemblance with the cars that are launched in European car market. The exterior sports crease lines throughout the body. The rounded roof along with straight lines has efficiency to fascinate the commuters. The front fascia receives huge chrome work which is further enhanced by projector head lamps enhancing its look, the muscular body further succeeds in giving it a bold and healthier look.
3. Interiors: Inside the cabin, you will find the charismatic black color along with silver treatment of various operating system. The spacious cabin will offer comfort seating and traveling experience to the passengers of all age-groups. Going through the trend of Indian car market, the Ignis continues to have dual colored dashboard to sooth the Indian buyers. Other notable features offered inside the cabin are 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, reverse parking sensors, automatic climate control, multifunctional steering wheel, keyless entry, electronic ORVMs, all power windows, Suzuki SLDA remote app, day-night IRVM and many more.
4. Variants and Colors: Keeping the different color preferences of buyers in concern Maruti Suzuki Ignis developed with option of single color and dual color options. The buyers willing to single tone colors will have an option of selecting from Uptown red, Silky silver, Urban blue, Pearl artic white, and Glistening grey. For the buyers dual tone color treatment Ignis comes with option of Tinsel blue with pearl artic, Tinsel blue with midnight black, and Uptown red with midnight black option. It has been in launched in overall four trims namely Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The Sigma trim is however not offered in diesel variant.
5. Safety Features: While developing Ignis, the company has tried not to leave any stone unturned and therefore has offered all necessary safety features in it, depending upon the trim preferred by the buyers. The safety features introduced in the Ignis are front airbags, Suzuki TECT body, ABS+EBD, ISOFIX child seat mounts, seat belts with pre-tensioners supported with force limiter, rear defogger, rear parking sensors and camera, driver seat belt reminder, speed sensing auto door locking and many more.
6. Contenders: At present the major contenders of Maruti Suzuki Ignis are Mahindra KUV100 and upcoming Datsun Go-Cross.